Q.ai is seeking an experienced VP of Product to join their team. This full-time role is 100% remote, with the ideal candidate able to work within Eastern Time Zone hours.
Q.ai, a Forbes company, is an award-winning fintech startup that is successfully leveraging artificial intelligence and take on the $25+ trillion fund-management industry. Since noticing a void in the market, they’ve been on a mission to power a personal wealth movement that drives true financial freedom and wealth equality for everyone. They aren’t out to build just any robo-advisor, they are building the “next” digital Blackrock.
Reporting directly to the CEO, your task as VP of Product is to increase the company's success within their existing product lines including their app and services offered. The spectrum of your tasks ranges from innovative product innovations to optimizing the efficiency of existing products. In addition to this, you will lead a team of product managers, designers, business analysts, and copywriters to develop visions and sustainable strategies in order to build on the success in close co-operation with all company departments. Your leadership skills are particularly pronounced and you also keep a cool head, even during turbulent times.
Through your entrepreneurial thinking and action, your experience of the market, your contact with customers in the industry, your deep understanding of all processes and methods in product management and technical development, you will lead your team successfully and raise the company to the next level. You will have a unique blend of business and technical understanding to create and implement ideas quickly and profitability.
● Supervisory Role: The VP of Product oversees and manages the other members of the product team which include product owners, business and tech analysts, product copywriters, etc. The VP of Product will set their goals, objectives, and OKRs and ensure they are managing them.
● Innovation: overseeing the innovation and improvement of the business’s product as well as the day-to-day product activities in such a way that ensures that the product is constantly growing to suit the consumers’ needs. Ensures that necessary steps are being taken to make any modifications that are being made in the product or strategy in order to bring out the best results for the business.
○ Responsible for identifying opportunities that lead to the growth of the product through
● Collaboration: the cross-functional nature of this team implies a high level of collaboration with different departments and different levels. The VP of Product partners up with other departmental leaders in order to align and execute product strategies and ensure that each department receives the right level of support due from its colleagues.
○ The VP of Product also works very closely with the engineering department, design, growth, and other
● Recruitment: The VP of Product also plays a pivotal role in the recruitment of new personnel of the product management department.
○ After the recruits have been approved and absorbed in to the department, the VP of Product then acts
● Product/Market Evaluation: The VP of Product is also responsible for spearheading investigation and analyses on the product and the product market. He/she is then expected to process this information, identify opportunities, and present these to the team for initial validation and testing.
Qualifications and Experience:
● Education: A suitable candidate will have a master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or an equivalent in working experience.
● Experience: The candidate must have 10-12 years of experience in product management or project management
● Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills are a must for this position. The position is a supervisory position and communication must be effective down the line in order to ensure the proper execution of the roles/functions in all junior positions.
● Additionally, the VP of Product is expected to collaborate with other product departmental heads in the performance of their intertwining duties.
● Leadership/People Skills: a good candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills with an ability to move his peers as well as his juniors and have them follow a common vision.
● Analytical Skills: should demonstrate a high level of analytical and quantitative skills. He/she should possess the ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. The VP of Product also has to have strong financial analytical capabilities that are used to further develop informed product strategies, which subsequently improves product performance.
The compensation for this role is $175k base to $300k+, with stock options available.