Our Client is seeking an experienced operator for the role of Chief Executive Officer to join their team. This position is 100% remote, with the ideal candidate being able to work within Eastern Time Zone hours.
The Client is a collective of companies seeking to create experiences for people to convene, connect, and learn from each other. Entrepreneurship and creativity lie at the heart of the Client’s work to bring together great people who are seeking to tackle the biggest challenges and execute the biggest ideas.
The Client is seeking an experienced operator for the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the business. Working directly with the Global Director and Chief Executive Officer of the overarching company, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for managing the business unit. This business unit curates personal advisory boards - groups of leaders at similar stages in their careers - big thinkers, and action-oriented people - from different disciplines to confidentially convene to take part in discussions and work sessions about professional and personal challenges and opportunities. These highly curated groups develop deep, impactful relationships through powerful shared experiences.
- General management of the business unit and oversight of day-to-day operations for all
- Oversight and responsibility for the overall performance of all interconnected departments
including: Finance, Sales / Revenue, Marketing / Community, Operations, and Product /
- The development of quarterly, annual, and 4-year plans for company strategy, departmental
needs, and management of execution.
- Management and recruiting of senior leadership team and supporting the expansion of each
department and cross-disciplinary workflows.
- Oversight of company finance, bookkeeping, controller, short-term and long-term financial
strategy, and day-to-day P&L management with the finance team and all department spend /
- Business development.
- Product / Membership expansion and digital and analog community / membership building.
- Minimum of quarterly board meetings with the Board of Directors and execution of Board of
Directors approved quarterly plans.
- You will be expected to roll up your sleeves, develop work product, support-all-department attitude intrinsic to an early-stage entrepreneurial endeavor.
- You will be expected to travel to work with team members as needed to advance the products
and systems within the company. This may include NYC, Austin, and other locations.
- Minimum of 5 years of Chief level operational experience with revenues of $5M+.
- Must have a strong desire to learn and be a team player, maintain a culture of nurturing employees’ passions, teaching, helping people be their best selves, and fostering growth and expansion.
- Experience with luxury membership sales / product business model preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the language of finance and how to achieve and exceed financial goals.
- Must be thorough, attentive to detail, and comfortable working independently and leading a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to lead a virtual team.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.