Inkwell is seeking a Head of Community to join our team, with a mission of creating a community of diversified talent to disrupt the world of traditional search. While this role is ideally based in the NYC area, it is 100% remote.
Inkwell allows companies to tap into a network of world-class diverse business leaders at scale by leveraging referrals. We believe the world’s most impactful and effective businesses are led by diverse teams, so we have created a community of leaders who are lifting one another up while monetizing their network connections. We partner with forward-thinking, value-driven companies of all sizes, using our proprietary SaaS software to match excellent candidates with leadership positions at scale.
As the Head of Community, you will be responsible for curating, growing and cultivating relationships for “The Well,” Inkwell’s network of 5,000+ high-powered women who move in circles among other amazing women. You will develop a strategy to grow The Well, focused on promoting and celebrating diversity across cultures, nationalities and industries. And you will be the day-to-day point of contact for existing Members, ensuring they have a fulfilling, rewarding and engaging experience with Inkwell. You will proactively seek and manage brand partnerships that will increase the quality of our Well Members and of the experience we offer them.
- Develop and execute an informed, innovative and data-driven strategy to grow The Well focused on increasing and celebrating diversity while also ensuring the makeup of The Well community matches the needs of our clients (the companies using Inkwell as a recruiting tool).
- Establish KPIs for The Well and maintain a constant feedback loop with the recruiting team to ensure The Well is delivering excellent results.
- Work cross-functionally to audit, redesign/create and continuously iterate on the workflows, processes, tools and experiences that serve The Well.
- Partner with the Head of Product and Operations and the Chief Technology Officer to develop product features that increase engagement amongst The Well based on member feedback.
- Design and develop strategic partnerships with like-minded brands and communities that will increase the quality and engagement of The Well.
- Serve as the day-to-day point of contact for members of The Well, proactively looking for ways to surprise and delight the Community.
- Dream up and produce occasional events, both in-person and digital, that foster relationships and increase engagement amongst Members.
- Identify opportunities to curate meaningful content and programs that add value to the community.
Reporting to the Founder and Chief Executive Officer, the new Head of Community will have the following approach:
- You are a people person! You love building relationships, getting to know all types of people and you pride yourself on being a great listener. You enjoy making connections and learning about what motivates people.
- You get stuff done! You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get into the weeds, but you can also pull out and keep an eye on the bigger picture. You know how to keep things moving forward.
- You are trustworthy. You show up on time, come prepared, do what you say, and your team members know they can always count on you. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you
- You are a technology ace. You constantly think about ways to improve the efficiency of people and workflows, utilizing technology to automate processes and maximize output. You stay on top of new technology, apps and tools, and you are not scared to try something new.
- You over communicate and can adapt to your audience. You would rather repeat yourself than not be heard. You go the extra mile to keep everyone aligned and on the same page. You are a great listener so your solutions are informed by stakeholder input. You know when to ask for help and when to offer it. You are equally comfortable talking tech with developers and strategy with executive leadership.
- You are a creative-thinker. You think outside the box. You like brainstorming ways to surprise and delight people, and you get even more excited when you get to bring an experience to life.
- You are a passionate team player. You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work. You are excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal.
- At least six years of community management, marketing or customer service experience.
- Exceptional people and communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for building new programs and experiences from the ground up.
- Ability to communicate, present and build relationships at all levels.
- Track record of taking ideas from concept to market.
- Experience producing events.
- Experience developing content.
- Foundational knowledge of database tools, CRM and ESP platforms.