About the Client:
The company is the leader in Language Intelligence, and is the next-generation of deep learning powered Natural Language They are immediately hiring a dynamic chief-of-staff to join the executive team. Selected by Business Insider as one of the 81 startups expected to boom in 2021, you will function as an extension of the CEO, playing a key leadership role in shaping and advancing the mission of the company.
The Chief of Staff reports directly to the CEO and will play an integral role on the executive team. You will be a thought partner to the CEO and also serve as the “Chief Execution Officer’ ensuring important strategic and operational projects are executed with high fidelity and that all stakeholders are held accountable to their commitments. The ideal candidate is strategic, analytical, and operational with a bias for action and a keen ability to influence across stakeholders at all levels within an organization. It also doesn’t hurt to be a closet trekkie, have always dreamed of your own Hitchhiker’s Guide, or making dragons come to life, this company is the place for you.
- Contribute to, and run, the company's annual strategic and business planning process on behalf of the team and translate the strategy into action by working with the executive team.
- Run the core business cadence, including the development and ongoing measurement of OKRs. Monitor key business metrics and flag areas of concern; ensure action plans are developed and effectively implemented
- Manage day-to-day team operations (budget, hiring) across the organization and identify key opportunities for operational improvements through new methodologies, tools, templates, dashboards, and processes.
- Ensure the CEO is fully prepared for key meetings & events.
- Proactively drive forward and project manage strategic priorities, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously. Identify problems & opportunities across the team; develop & implement solutions, pulling together the right team from across the company.
- Ensure efforts are coordinated and aligned across the organization
- Drive operational rigor through clear expectations and accountability globally by partnering across teams.
- Keep the entire organization informed and empowered by establishing, maintaining and improving regular internal communications vehicles (e.g. internal websites and repositories, weekly emails, monthly town hall presentations)
- Serve as a sounding board for the executive team
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience in Program Management, Operations
- 2 years experience working in an early startup business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels including executives, peers, managers and junior staff
- Excellent planning, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as the main execution arm and at times voice by extension the CEO
- Versatile across multiple functions including Engineering, Product, Operations and Commercial
- Self-starter with a team-oriented work style
- An ability to distill complexity into meaningful insights and a coherent story
- Creative and structured problem solver, utilizing internal and external resources to build innovative processes and tools with quantifiable impact
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity / deal with changing priorities
- Trustworthy, credible, and non-political; high level of integrity and excellent sense of judgement.
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement. Ability to work closely with, and advise the executive team
- Competitive compensation package, including equity in a fast growing startup
- Unlimited PTO policy (that we actually want you to use)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
- Being a part of a brilliant, fun and supportive team