This role is for an EdTech startup.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Finance will run the day-to-day Finance function for the UK Ltd company and US Inc. company, with oversight of the Chinese entity. The Director of Finance must be hands-on, highly processed and with acute attention to detail, and able to confidently manage a bookkeeper and a small group of external partners (e.g. Payroll provider, global accountancy firm etc.).
● Prepare monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts for US and UK tax purposes. Manage and improve the monthly management accounts process.
● Manage the budgeting and forecasting process (quarterly and annual)
● Cash flow management
● Project costing and cost accounting for employees
● Manage all tax compliance including submission of VAT returns
● Prepare information for annual tax returns (UK and US)
● Responsible for overseeing a bookkeeper (who will handle purchase ledger, payments and bank reconciliation, and daily bookkeeping of all transactions on Xero and Quickbooks)
● Responsible for Payroll (working with HR and outsourced service provider)
● Help to develop and build financial management reporting and forecasting tied to analytics data to improve insights and drive real value to the business.
● Responsible for procurement and implementation of new systems as required
● Ad-hoc financial analysis, financial modelling, reporting and project management as required
• Qualified Accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA, minimum three years post qualified
• Digital ecommerce background strongly desirable
• Experience of startup or scaleup culture strongly desirable
• Excellent working knowledge of Xero and Quickbooks
• Strong interpersonal, organisational and leadership skills
• Excellent communicator, able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Strong focus on controls and processes and a high attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
• Must be fluent in English
• Experience of US and/or Chinese entities a bonus
• Experience of VGTR and R&D Tax Credits a bonus
Competitive salary based on experience, with benefits/incentives to be discussed.
The company wants to recruit the best talent for the next phase of company growth. They are based
in London, New York and Shanghai. The company operates a remote working model and will prioritize the best
candidate in any location.