The VP of Sales is responsible for both overseeing and hitting the company’s sales goals, but also for conveying our unique value proposition, and the opportunity that partnership with our community provides to potential brand partners. At this stage, we're looking for someone who brings an incredible list of relationships directly with brands to the table. This executive will be a key internal leader who works collaboratively across departments and the right candidate will have a proven track record of growing a sales team. Candidates should thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture. This role will report directly to the CEO.
This role will include, but is not limited to:
- Prospect potential brand partners who align with the mission of advancing working mothers.
- Nurture and track accounts, creating a strong sales pipeline and fostering ongoing relationships with brands.
- Manage effective communication of our value proposition, product features and partnership expectations with both prospects and clients
- Developing meaningful relationships with brands to better understand their goals and KPIs
- Oversee the new sales cycle from following up on new business leads to closing deals
- Craft compelling (and often custom) proposals to present and convey our value proposition
- Oversee contract negotiations and deliverable expectations
- Successfully transition a new account to the account management team once the sale has been made
- 10+ years’ experience in strategy and business development
- Track record of meeting and exceeding revenue target of over $3M+ per year
- Thrives working on a small team and a dynamic environment
- Collaborative team player excited to work on complex problems
- Track record of building successful strategic client relationships and managing complex projects
- Experience in marketing and understanding partnership sales, along with knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape
- Experience at a startup, reporting directly to founders / CEO where there are key growth targets established for the business
- Have an extremely positive, hard working attitude with excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Come with existing contacts and relationships that you can leverage in your new role.
Why work with us?
- You will be a part of a mission to advance mothers in the workforce, while surrounding yourself with a high achieving, supporting team.
- You will have the direct opportunity to impact the growth of a startup that is impacting thousands of women's lives, with the partnerships you bring in directly impacting the health and future of the business.
- We are recognized as the leading working mom community, and you get to build best in class, creative partnerships that are high value for all partners
- We offer opportunities for career growth, development, and exposure in the industry
- You will never get bored. We are a fast paced environment ideal for employees that thrive on conquering challenges and working well as a team.