This position is responsible for understanding the annual targets and priorities of the company in the U.S. market (combination of Global strategy and U.S.-specific requirements), and identifying and developing an overall 360 Integrated Marketing strategy, inclusive of Paid Media, Social Media, Influencer Marketing, PR and Events to drive meaningful results. Partner with key cross-functional groups - including but not limited to U.S. Marketing, Channel Marketing, and Global Marketing to understand market and channel opportunities, challenges, and growth requirements – to create relevant, meaningful, and exciting plans that will drive consumer and retailer engagement. The position is also responsible for establishing KPIs by program with the team so that programs and investments are strategically planned and tracked. The candidate will lead a four-person team with the following direct reports: Director of Social Media, Senior Manager of (Paid) Media, Manager of PR/Influencer Marketing, and Manager of Events.
Directly Supervises: 4 (Director Social, Senior Manager Media, Manager PR/Influencer, Manager Events)
Reports To: SVP US Marketing
- Develop (US) integrated marketing strategy across paid, earned, and owned channels, with each playing a specific role in the overall plan as identified by specific KPIs to measure
- Oversee the development and tracking of the integrated calendar with launch tactics and executional details.
- Closely partner with U.S. Marketing, E-Commerce, CRM and others to gather relevant consumer insights to inform category and program strategies.
- Oversee media strategy and execution including but not limited to digital, social, OOH, etc. to support innovation and core business.
- Advise and strategize with all channels to maximize P/O/E output and results across digital/social metrics and sales.
- Maintain the media calendar and budget and communicate updates internally.
- Partner with agency on the establishment of KPI’s and the tracking of all by campaign.
- Partner with Global Social and US Director of Social to create strategy and oversee content calendar for social media channels that will engage, grow, and convert followers in the U.S. market.
- Liaise with U.S. Marketing to ensure regional product priorities and creative needs are met including strategy, messaging, and content. Responsible for communicating this to Global Social and aligning to roll-out.
- Manage team through the use of data intelligence, monitoring of industry trends, and competitive tracking for reporting back to all teams. (Reoccurring analysis using the following, but not limited to: social listening tools, Google Analytics, Pixability insights, L2 insights, etc.)
- Guide Manager of Influencer Marketing on establishing an arsenal of key influencers to drive brand awareness across social media platforms.
- Develop U.S. influencer strategy and activations with sensitivity to the Global strategy; launch to maximize impact of earned media through partnerships and organic placements.
- Oversee tracking of success and metrics and adjusting plans based on KPIs.
- Provide guidance for the planning and development of media/Influencer/Consumer facing events across key channels
- Work with creative and channels to develop best in class experiential moments for both internal and external audiences.
- Develop a focused U.S. strategy that keeps company of interest to the editorial community.
- Ensure collaboration and integration of strategies and teams to create the best plans for the U.S. market.
- Ensure team keeps projects on time, monitors performance, and tracks and reports results.
- Support SVP with timely communication of plans and the reporting of the function’s activities and results based on the business needs.
- 12+ years experience in integrated communications: Paid Digital/Social, Owned Social, Influencer Marketing, PR/Events.
- Ability to interpret data, analytics, and consumer insights to incorporate into content strategies.
- Strong understanding of social media trends and their impacts on the brand.
- Strong relationships with Influencers and PR.
- High level of creativity, as well as the ability to develop and manage high level strategies and budgets.
- Strong collaborator and team player who can get results indirectly and directly.
- Advanced organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong management skills and the ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence Global Communications when needed to achieve business results, while fostering a strong relationship with key stakeholders.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree.